If you find yourself in Jakarta with a chunk of precious leisure time that you’d rather spend by making memories than lounging around, you’re in the right place.
Jakarta, especially South Jakarta, is an absolute goldmine for weekend adventures. From getting your hands dirty with pottery, museum-hopping, an adventure in the amusement park, meeting adorable critters, to scoring a date night at a classical music concert – Jakarta’s got it all.
Busy during the weekdays? The weekends is the perfect choice, then. Here’s a curated list of the seven top weekend experiences Jakarta has in store which you can enjoy alone or with the whole family. For some of you who also want to try an MRT date in Jakarta, maybe these places could give you some ideas!
1. Learn the Art of Pottery at Tanakita Ceramics
Do you have a hidden talent for pottery waiting to be unearthed? Tanakita Ceramics offers pottery classes in Jakarta that will let you unleash your inner artist. The classes are not just fun but also therapeutic.
Under the guidance of experienced instructors, you’ll learn the basics of pottery, such as hand-building, wheel throwing, and ceramic painting. And you’ll even get to take home your own creations at the end of the class!
- Open hours: Everyday, 09.00 AM – 06.00 PM
- Address: Tanjung Duren Barat IV, No.1, Tanjung Duren Utara, Grogol Petamburan, West Jakarta
2. Dive into Art at Museum MACAN
Museum MACAN is one of Indonesia’s leading contemporary art museums. It’s home to a diverse collection of modern and contemporary art from Indonesia and around the world, including works by renowned artists such as Yayoi Kusama, Andy Warhol, and Basquiat.
In addition to its permanent collection, MACAN also hosts a variety of temporary exhibitions throughout the year. Whether you’re a seasoned art lover or simply curious to learn more about contemporary art, MACAN is a must-visit destination.
Bob suggests you to check their website to find the latest information about the exhibition they currently have, as sometimes they could be closed temporarily. You can also buy the tickets online through their website.
- Open hours: Tuesday – Sunday, 10.00 AM – 06.00 PM.
- Address: AKR Tower Level M, Jl. Panjang No. 5, Kebon Jeruk, West Jakarta
3. Underwater Wonders at Jakarta Aquarium and Safari
Jakarta Aquarium and Safari is one of the largest aquariums in Southeast Asia. It’s home to more than 3.500 species of aquatic and non-aquatic life, including sharks, penguins, meerkat, otter, binturong, and many more.
This destination also offers a variety of interactive experiences, such as shark and piranha feeding, touch pool, diving experience, and many more. It’s the perfect place to learn more about marine life and have some fun at the same time!
- Open hours: Everyday 10.00 AM – 09.00 PM
- Address: Neo Soho Central Park, Jl. Letjen S. Parman, No. 106, Tanjung Duren Selatan, Grogol Petamburan, West Jakarta
4. Enjoy a Homey and Delicious Meal at Hause Rooftop
Hause Rooftop offers a picturesque view of the city, delectable dishes, and a wide selection of beverages. It’s the perfect couple date ideas in Jakarta.
Staying true to its name, this rooftop bar and restaurant is nestled on the roof of Tower 2 MD Place. Even though it’s located in a tower building, the atmosphere is surprisingly homey. The indoor and outdoor areas are cool and refreshing, thanks to the surrounding greenery.
Our tip? You simply must try their Traditional Bumbu Kampoeng Nasi Goreng! The dish is considerably simple yet festive with side dishes consisting of chicken satay with peanut sauce, fried chicken, pickled chili sauce, shrimp crackers, and sunny-side-up eggs.
- Open hours: Everyday, 09.00 am – 11.00 PM
- Address: MD Place, Tower 2, 6th Floor, Setiabudi Selatan No. 7, Setiabudi, South Jakarta
5. Roller Coasters and More at Dunia Fantasi (Dufan)
For all the thrill-seekers out there, Dunia Fantasi or Dufan inside the Taman Impian Jaya Ancol complex is where you want to be.
The city’s premier theme park offers a wide variety of rides and attractions for all ages, from family-friendly rides to thrilling roller coasters. From the kid-friendly Mowgli’s Jungle Race 4D Simulator, Ice Age Arctic Adventure, Alap-alap, Istana Boneka, and Turangga Rangga to the thrilling Baling-Baling, Hysteria, Tornado, and Halilintar; you can try all of these out for maximum experience!
- Open hours: Everyday 10.00 AM – 08.00 PM
- Address: Taman Impian Jaya Ancol, Jl. Lodan Timur, No. 7, Pademangan, North Jakarta
6. Party All Night at Lucy in the Sky
Dance the night away at Lucy in the Sky, one of the most popular hangout places in Jakarta! This bar is known for its high-energy music and lively atmosphere with a rooftop garden bar concept that’s super fresh.
You won’t be hungry after all that fun, because Lucy in the Sky has a wide variety of food to choose from, from Indonesian to Western cuisine. They have three locations in Jakarta so far: SCBD, Cikini, and Senayan Park.
It’s the kind of place where you can escape the daily grind and elevate your weekend with a touch of glamour. Go dance your heart out, sing at the top of your lungs, and make memories that will last a lifetime!
- Open hours: Everyday 11.00 – 03.00 AM
- Address: Fairgrounds Building, Jl. Jend Sudirman kav 52-53, Lot 14, Senayan, Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta
7. Harmonious Melodies at Jakarta Concert Orchestra
Looking for unique and more refined couple date ideas in Jakarta? Maybe you and your loved ones can try booking two tickets to watch the Jakarta Concert Orchestra, the leading orchestra group in Jakarta, and tune in to the soothing symphonies they offer.
JCO performs a variety of classical music concerts throughout the year, including works by renowned composers such as Beethoven, Mozart, Debussy, and Tchaikovsky. For their newest concert schedule, you can check their website.
- Concert Venue and Time: Varies according to schedule.
No need to go far from Jakarta to enjoy a bunch of offbeat activities because everything’s right here! So, what’s the plan for this weekend, folks?
Bobobox Juanda Jakarta for a Comfy and Stylish Stay
We’ve unveiled the best of Jakarta’s weekend gems and listed down some activities that promise you endless fun and adventure for everyone. So, why not give them a try and make the most of your precious weekend hours?
And after a day of exploring these delightful places, why not book a cozy stay at Bobobox Juanda Jakarta? Located not far from a lot of Jakarta’s best hangout spots, it’s the perfect way to ensure you get a good night’s sleep and recharge for another day of fun.
Our cozy pods offer everything you need for a comfortable and affordable stay, including comfy beds, hi-tech facilities, and high-speed Wi-Fi. So, what are you waiting for? Download the Bobobox App and book your stay at Bobobox Juanda today to start your weekend adventure in Jakarta!
Bob’s Budget Check
- Tanakita Ceramics: Rp200.000 – Rp500.000
- Museum MACAN: Rp56.000 – Rp90.000
- Jakarta Aquarium Safari: Rp109.250 – Rp213.750
- Hause Rooftop: Rp60.000 – Rp250.000
- Dunia Fantasi (Dufan): Rp325.000 – Rp800.000
- Lucy in the Sky: Rp50.000 – Rp10.000.000
- Jakarta Concert Orchestra: Rp200.000 – Rp1.500.000
Cover picture by NOW Jakarta